Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Thoughts - 25Jan

Wherever I go, whatever I do, I am unable to experience anything completely. Its like I am walking on a road with mountains on either side. When I start climbing any one of them, I cannot go that far along the trail since I need to get back on the main road. The main road is basically all the things I need to do in time in order to survive, acquire material possessions and have a well adjusted social life. Due to this pressure of having to come back to the main road within stipulated times, I cannot reach the summit of any of the mountains around me. I however keep imagining and fantasizing about what they would look like. I also often run out of company. People accompany me until a little but into the trail but then they all withdraw and get back to the main road. Then I venture alone as far as I can go without endangering myself and then get back. Sometimes I wish I could just freeze time, do something single minded till I master it and then resume it again. For example: I hear various kinds of music, but I don't know what kind of mind is required to create it. If I ponder about it for too long, I lose track of all the other main road priorities and I have to force myself to abandon it at some point. Things involving social aspects like a relationship with another person gets even more complicated since I have very little control on how far I can take it. Like say I want to explore the highest depth of intimacy, I can only give the green light and try from my side but otherwise have very little control. They are more like blessings that come and go. Among the things I have control, I cannot pursue them too long since I have to complete my overflowing to-do lists. As it is, I pretty much live on the edge by doing things in the last minute and spending just enough time to do a decent job. The intense desire to explore the peaks of all mountains conflicts with the social where there is an expectation that you complete the drill of all their expectations.

I would feel great satisfaction if I could find people who are similar to me and share all this. We could then jointly think about this issue instead of me being locked inside my own head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Qualities of a diamond mapped to experience

The ideal +ve experience is where the mind is like an infinitely large diamond that is clear, does not hold anything but yet, reflects/refr...