To isolate each sense, we could use 2 methods:
1. This is the fair and square method where you use lots of will power and direct the executive mind to a specific sense and stay there irrespective of what input you get from the others.
2. You can help this process by physically blocking input from other senses. For e.g.:
- You could tie a band on your eyes,
- Use ear plugs for your ears
- Taste is generally neutral unless you have had just eaten something
- Smell is also usually neutral or we get used to it