Friday, December 31, 2010
Unusual things that I really enjoy
Possessing measuring instruments in all domains thinkable. I would like to use them in varied situations and really study phenomena. I would like it to have maximal resolution and range.
1. Measuring light level - LUX meter, Range - 0 LUX to Extreme sunlight
2. Measuring sound - Decibel meter, Range - 15db to 140db
3. Measuring weight in 3 ranges - 2kg to 200kg, 1gm - 5kg, 1/1000gm level
4. Measuring wind speed - Barometer - from 0.1kmph to 150kmph
5. Measuring brain waves 1hz - 200hz Portable EEG
6. Measuring electricity - A simple multimeter
7. Measuring Temperature - Pointer type or normal, range - -50 deg C to 150deg C
8. Measuring Basal metabolic rate, Fat %, muscle mass, Calories in food, Other health related stuf
9. Also like measuring(subjective) emotions and mood using scales like x/10
10. Like to measure the distance between memories - not by the clock time passed but just by comparing how vivid and real it feels
Instruments that help extend senses.
1. Seeing - Binoculars, Telescope, Microscope, Night vision, Digital camera for storing
2. Hearing - Stethoscope, Sound amplifier and Recorder
3. Smell - I wish something existed, perfumes maybe
4. Taste - Something that would help enhance it, e.g.: some wines
5. Touch - The only think that helps here is concentration or taking weed etc.
6. Mind - Anything on the computer is an extension of the mind and can also store stuff
Anything related to astronomy and comparing interstellar distances.
1. Science fiction stuff like e.g.: Warp drives, space sails
2. Concepts like Black holes, Star formation, Wormholes
3. Space-time fabric and gravity concepts
4. Imagining the magnitudes of distances by shrinking to imaginable scales
Work on creating analogies and interrelating day to day concepts with my findings. I believe analogies serve as a higher form of communication in the order "Analogies < Advanced vocabulary < Simple words". After reading on totally open ended subjects, I like to synthesize everything in the form of analogies. E.g.: Analogy between studying and driving: India vs US.
I enjoy making creative connections using mind maps. Basically totally exploiting the visual medium along with the verbal one we used most often.
The ideal +ve experience is where the mind is like an infinitely large diamond that is clear, does not hold anything but yet, reflects/refr...
Sexual fantasizing, masturbation and actual sex should not be simply something done to curb boredom. Ritualizing these acts all the more rem...
How have people managed to collapse their infinite imagination potential Into this severely constrained and limited space/time framework ...